Tuesday, October 11, 2011

MicroAquarium Day 1

After making the Micro-aquarium today, I selected to use the water from the Pond at Sterchi Hills Greenway Trail. The reason behind choosing the kind of water I wanted was random; however, my first thought was to choose the Lynnhurst Cemetery water, but I changed my mind. Once I inserted my two plants, which are the Moss and the flowering plant, I laid my aquarium under the microscope and noticed a few cool things. Along with locating the cell walls and membranes of the plants, I noticed there were tiny moving creatures in the sediment. I was not sure how many since the light seemed to increase the movement of the animals. I suppose these animals never see the light of day, but there was a few living in there. All in all the first day was interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Franciso,

    If I wanted to know where your water sample and plants A and B were collected where could I find this information?

    Ken McFarland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I retrieved this information from my teacher's homepage. http://botany1112011.blogspot.com/

    The website provides full information on the several types of water that were available for use, and at the bottom of the page are the 2 types of plants that were used in the MicroAquarium.

    ReplyDelete