Thursday, October 27, 2011

MicroAquarium Observation Day 3

After a few days, the biggest thing I noticed was that were many microorganisms. These seem to be Tropidoscyphus that were surrounding a huge mass that may have been a ball of dissolving food. The Netrium have grown slightly in size and have elongated as well the Turbellaria. The plants themselves have not grown much more; my guess is that the plants are constricted in space and can not grow much more. However, I notice that the Tropidoscyphus was a new creature that I discovered, so that means that new forming organisms are beginning to show up. Unfortunately, I was hoping to find the Midge but it seems as though it may have already turned into an adult and flew away. That is disappointing; I would have like to see it in person but oh well.
(Smith Figure 219)

(Smith Figure 219)















(This picture shows the Tropidoscyphus more closely zoomed. You can see the flagella as a slight line behind this organism.)

Works Cited

Smith M. G. 1950. The Fresh-Water Algae of The United States. 2nd ed. New York (NY): McGraw-Hill Book Company. Figure 219.

No comments:

Post a Comment