Friday, November 11, 2011

MicroAquarium Day 5

Prior to this examination day, I broke my MicroAquarium the week before. I had to exchange all the material and plants to a new container. I thought that since I disrupted the environment the plant life would slow down or stop for a certain time; fortunately, there was actually new life in the MicroAquarium that I had not seen. Under closer inspection I discovered a few developing organisms that I had not seen. A small midge was developing on a jumbled piece of Utricularia gibba  floating near a new food pellet. This is surprising because I was getting the thought that my MicroAquarium was slowly dieing because I had not seen as much activity like I had seen in the first few weeks. Another find was a smaller Planera like the one I had lost track of but now there is a new one. My only expectations are to see the Midge develop more and possibly see the Midge develop into an insect. As for the Planera, I hope this time it does not disappear like the last one and continues to develop. A few things that I noticed were no longer visible were the green small strands of what look like new plant tissue or possibly the moss growing outward. Since I broke the MicroAquarium, I guess that anything that was developing either spilled out on the table or just stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment